13 Moon Cycles
The moon cycle for any given month revolves around waxing, full, waning, and void cycles. These cycles have specific energies which are felt in the natural world, and merely by paying a bit of attention, we have an opportunity to have the moon’s cycle lend a natural support to our lives as well. During the new and waxing time, we focus on creating and building on the energies of that particular month.
At full moon, we challenge our selves to manifest what we have created and then begin the process of letting go what no longer serves us as we enter the waning moon. The void or dark moon is the time to be retrospective and go inward to nourish ourselves and prepare for the coming cycle.
1. Integrating our conscious and unconscious knowledge
2. Address our addictions
3. Experience warrior energy needed to work with the ‘rough places’ in our lives
4. Work with our feelings of pride
5. Hibernation/a time for incubation, reflection, preparation
Recommended Aspect to work with during this season: Creative
1. Caring for the home and energy of the home
2. Hospitality toward self and others
3. Bringing in new life-new forms into our life
4. Connecting with the energy of renewal
5. Making and keeping commitments
Recommended Aspect to work with during this season: Collective
1. Awareness of the subtle energy and the sound of God (Great Mystery)
2. Presence of self in connection with nature and all that is
3. Experiencing the space between the void
4. Connecting wth child energy, ourown and of children
5. Fertilizing our potential
Recommended Aspect to work with during this season: Relationships
1. Listening to and understanding our longings
2. Seeking counsel: humility of asking for help (from others as well as from our own wise self)
3. Working with our vision(s)
4. Acknowledge our own wisdom
5. Practicing personal discernment
Recommended Aspect to work with during this season: Personal
1.) If you are fortunate enough to have a blue moon in you Circle of Self® year, you have an invitation to become YOUR vision.
2.) This energy calls you to get clear about what in your personal history may be limiting your process.
3.) Focus on ways to increase our connection with/to Divine Energy on a daily, moment to moment basis and with all of life.
4.) Work with the general energy suggestions for the moon cycles just before and after the blue moon cycles
Recommended Aspect to work with during this season: Working with Your Own Personal Rhythms and Cycles
NOTE: Not every year has a blue moon-a second full moon in one month/or 4 full moons in one season (the calendar years 2012, 2015, 2018, 2020 are years with a blue moon).
The information on this page is my personal and intuitive understanding of seasonal cycles, medicine wheels and moon cycles, gleaned from my own personal process and experience and study. It is intended to be a brief summary and jumping off place for your own study and personal journey. Use what fits, let go the rest. I have also included several authors referenced on the resource page, who have influenced my understanding of the importance of cycles, rhythms, and the process of finding and maintaining balance. If you find resonance as well, please refer to these authors material to gain your own deeper and clearer understanding of your personal Circle of Self.